PA Bacon Fest is only possible with the help of our volunteers. Get an inside look at the festival by becoming part of our Bacon Crew, which supports the festival staff, visitors, sponsors and vendors as we all work together to make this an exciting, safe and delicious event.
- All volunteers must be registered with and confirmed by the festival. To register, please fill out this form.
- Volunteers must be 18 years or older* on or before the festival. *Volunteers in any area involving alcohol must be 21 years or older on or before the festival.
- Once accepted and scheduled, volunteers will be notified by email. Please provide a valid email address at the time of registration.
- While we do our best to schedule you where you would like, you may be asked to fill in at other positions when needed.
- There is zero tolerance for volunteers drinking alcohol or under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs during your shift.
- Some volunteer positions will require you to attend a one hour orientation session.
- We ask that you keep your assigned area and nearby festival grounds clean and free of trash.
Bacon Crew volunteers receive a PA Bacon Fest volunteer t-shirt. This shirt must be worn during your shift. Check in at the Info Tent 15 minutes prior to your scheduled shift to sign in and pick up your shirt.
Volunteers are also given a parking pass, which enables you to park in one of our shuttle lots for the day of your shift and ride the shuttles for free.
When should I plan to arrive?
We ask all volunteers to arrive at our Info Tent 15 minutes before their shift starts. This will allow you time to check in, get your assignment and find your post. There is a lot of traffic in Downtown Easton during festival weekend; please plan accordingly so you have time to get to our parking lot, ride the shuttle and still arrive at the Info Tent 15 minutes prior to the start of your shift.
When I’m finished with my shift, do I just leave?
We ask volunteers to stop back at the Info Tent before they leave so they can sign out.
My bestie is also volunteering, can you coordinate my shift with his or hers?
When you fill out your applications be sure to indicate their name. Keep in mind that with so many volunteers and many varied needs we cannot guarantee your assignment with friends, but we will certainly try!
Should I bring anything?
You should wear sturdy, closed-toe shoes. You might want to bring sunscreen, a water bottle, and a snack. Depending on weather, you also might want to bring extra layers of clothing.
Is transportation provided?
No. All volunteers are responsible for their own transportation to and from the festival. We encourage you to park in one of our shuttle lots. We will provide you with a parking pass to park in one of our shuttle lots and ride the shuttle to the festival.
Want to be a part of this year’s festival?
Contact Kim Kmetz at email@example.com for more details.