Bacon and Brew Sponsored By Two Rivers Brewing and Breakaway Farms
Bacon is unquestionably one of the best foods ever to be discovered. It pairs with everything; cocktails, desserts, other meats and of course BEER!
Join us at Bacon & Brew for a taste bud explosion as you sample 6 craft beers provided by Two Rivers Brewing Co. paired with 6 different kinds of bacon provided by Breakaway Farms.
Bacon & Brew runs noon to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday (ages 21+), tickets available on site ($25pp) while supplies last). No one under 21 allowed in the tasting area. All ticket holders must provide drivers license for proof of age.
Reserve a spot by purchasing a VIP ticket ($35pp) in advance. The VIP tasting hour runs from 11 a.m. to noon Saturday and Sunday. VIP ticket holders will also receive an exclusive PA Bacon Fest tankard mug (not available for purchase).
2022 Bacon & Brew Pairings – 2023 pairings coming soon
- Applewood Bacon: Our number one selling bacon, Applewood has a classic mildly sweet and smoky flavor.
Beer Pairing: Chief Nutimus Honey Saison A mixed grain farmhouse ale dosed with Sandts local wildflower honey and hopped with Motueka and Nelson Sauvin. Bone dry, effervescent with nuanced flavors of white wine and floral orange blossom honeycomb.
- Bourbon Brown Sugar Bacon: New since our last Bacon& Brew tasting in 2019, Bourbon Brown Sugar Bacon has been introduced to rave reviews. Real Kentucky bourbon, lots of sweet brown sugar and authentic hickory wood smoke.
Beer Pairing: Bangor Slate Baltic Porter 8.4% ABV- 2018 GABF Bronze Medal and 2018 World Beer Cup Gold Medal winning Baltic Porter. Toasty and warming with flavors of licorice and raisins. Roasty without being burnt.
- Double Smoked Maple Pepper Bacon:An old time classic made with PA maple syrup and coated in cracked black pepper. Heavily smoked with local hickory wood.
Beer Pairing: Lief Belgian Ale 5% ABV- A session ale brewed with Belgian yeast, whirlpooled with ginger, lemongrass, chamomile, and Motueka hops. Notes of Lemon/Lime citrus back with a earthy herbal spice. Light, Refreshing and crushable.
- Festive-Fall Bacon: All of your favorite fall flavors jammed into a bacon. You’ll taste cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice & cloves. Lightly smoked with PA wild cherry wood
Beer Pairing: Seven Spirits Pumpkin Ale 5.3% abv. Amber ale brewed with pumpkins and pumpkin pie spices.
- Garlic Chipotle Bacon:Combining the classic flavors of fresh garlic and smokey chipotle peppers, Garlic Chipotle Bacon is smoked with the mild and smooth smoke of pecan wood.
Beer Pairing: Bully wack Sour Pale Ale Whirlpooled with Wai-iti hops and dry hopped with Azaaca, Wai-iti, and centennial hops. Fermented with Sourvisiae. Notes of LEMON SOUR CANDY with some hints of lemon/orange hop aroma, Lemon Iced Tea mix, and a sweet tart finish.
- Traditional Bacon: On of our most popular sellers. Cured in a traditional cure of salt and brown sugar and smoked over hickory and fruit woods. But beware; you can’t stop easting this bacon aft only 1 piece
Beer Pairing: Man About Town Kolsch 5% ABV A clean, crisp, delicately balanced beer with subtle fruit and hop character.